Christian Blind Mission (CBM) Kenya is an independent Member Association of the CBM Family, registered under Kenyan law as an incorporated company limited by guarantee, having a Memorandum and Articles of Association with a membership, board and company secretary. The association submits an annual audit and company returns. CBM’s work in Kenya aims to improve the quality of life of people with disabilities through specialised service provision and by addressing the various barriers towards an inclusive society. CBM desires to be a long term development partner to Kenya in the journey towards a more disability friendly country, in which there is improved awareness in various sectors of society regarding disability and increased participation of people with special abilities in national development.
- Management of payment transactions to CBM implementing partners in the Africa East and South Region.
- Processing payments to Partners in a timely way in Navision system
- Filing of all transaction documents on Share Point and 365 drive.
- Processing and managing of Invoices for partner payments
- Collaboration with Regional Hub Offices and Country Offices on SSC transaction queries
Programmatic administration services e.g. NAV project module data entries control.
- Data entry and data control of administrative project data in CBM’s Navison Project Management Module.
- Monitoring and reporting on quality of Regional Hub Office, Country Office and partner payment documents.
- Support country office colleagiues in the implementation of Navision and project management syetm.
Accounting services and back up to CBM Field Offices with capacities need.
- Operations of Global Accounting System and Business Central for the Regional Office and at least defined (small) Country Offices
- Quality checks and process monitoring of the country office and the Regional Hub transcations before posting to the Global Accounting system and the Business Central.
- Back-Up for Country Offices in terms of accounting services when needed
- Support identification of the capacity development needs at the country offices and Regional Hub
- Support in development of content of trainings in Accounting, CBM Tools and Processes.
- Organize regular information sharing and trainings events for program and finance/administrative staff at country offices and regional office.
We are looking for someone who has:
- Degree in Commerce or other equivalent degree
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar position
- Knowledge in Business Administration
- Knowledge in Accounting with CPA or ACCA or CIMA (Advantageous)
- Knowledge in CBM processes and standards (advantageous)
- Experience in Shared Service Centre in international NGO’s (advantageous)
- Ability to work in international teams with people of different cultural backgrounds