As a EHS Intern, you will be responsible for supporting management of GSKs Environmental obligations and Sustainability initiatives ensuring that all operations in GSK Nairobi do not create adverse impact to the Environment and the Sustainability KPIs are managed.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Daily and monthly data collection and trending of Energy, water, and waste consumption and analysis against production.
- Support in coordination of Environmental monitoring programs associated with wastewater and airborne emissions in line with corporate and local regulatory policies and requirements.
- Identification of opportunities to recycle/reuse all the waste produced on site as per the 2022 sustainability KPI
- Support in on-going sustainability/ Environmental projects set out in the projects plan
- Review of all Environmental risk assessments for all areas on site and identification of any gaps that may result in environmental degradation and possible solutions for all areas on site.
- Review of all relevant Environmental-related and sustainability documentation to ensure reflection of status.
- Identification of any waste in energy (Electricity and Steam use) as well as water consumption on a weekly basis through data trending and relaying the information to the Environmental Sustainability Engineer.
- Support in procurement, installation, and configuration of new Effluent sampler
- Review of relevant EHS sustainability and Environmental standards with the aim of identification and closure of any gaps.
- Support in roll out of SWEEP program.
- Diploma in any Environmental or Energy management related course
- Team player
- A desire and ambition to improve systems and processes