The Reefer is one of the core verticals for Maersk with the largest footprint globally. This position would involve managing teams responsible some of our large regional and global key accounts. As part of the sales process, you will be responsible for ensuring a sufficient opportunity pipeline and running the opportunity management process ensuring we have sufficient breadth and depth to meet the overall growth objectives over the next 2-5 years. The primary objective for this role will be to focus on coaching & guiding the team on account management which would include several Key accounts and would also include creating a compelling value proposition for customers based on the Integrator strategy of Maersk.
This role reports directly into the Area Sales Director
- Client Strategy and Planning
- Build and foster strong, long-lasting relationships with key stakeholders within the customer’s organization
- Ensure that we are understanding the end-to-end Supply chain requirements of the customers.
- Design value propositions which address the pain points across the entire supply chain.
- Engage in consultative selling across all levels of the customers organization including the C-Suite
- Develop Account plans outlining the growth opportunities and strategic engagement with these customers with specific initiatives.
- Develop local business plan for increasing overall supply chain Share of Wallet and position Logistic & Services products
- Ensure that opportunities for cross-selling and up-selling are identified based on a deep understanding of the customer’s business model and pain points.
- Position Maersk as their advisor of choice Deepen and widen the relationships between Maersk and the customer through active stakeholder management across all relevant geographies and business divisions
- Create and maintain visibility of sales pipeline and activity /results reporting
- Support operational implementation and handover to operations once the business has been landed
- Ensure contracts and agreements for specific customer solutions are validated and signed off (service agreements, credit agreements, supplier contracts, etc.) as per corporate guidelines
- Sharing of best practices within the team and other verticals
- Work closely with global/regional/local product organization to grow and deliver revenue growth supporting product P&L
- Proven track of leading a diverse team
- Hands on internal team conflict resolution, stakeholder management and people processes
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Master’s degree or Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or equivalent
- 5+ years in logistics and supply chain
- High-level supply chain understanding including how it solves different customer pains
- Track record for successful performance
- Strategic influencing and stakeholder management
- Over 5 years proven experience leading diverse teams in a matrix organization
- Solution sales orientation
- Should be forward thinking, planning, and execution
- Having an understanding and respect of others
- Honest and accountable
Technical and Personal Skills:
- Ability to engage in consultative selling with customers
- Ability to articulate value creation by providing integrated solutions combining the Maersk products and services
- Experience within the Chemicals, Retail, Auto & Lifestyle vertical is an added advantage.
- A strong continuous improvement mindset
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated, independent starter who is also a good team player
- Strong analytical skills