Medic Mobile is a nonprofit organization on a mission to improve health in the hardest-to-reach communities. We build world-class, open-source software that supports health workers delivering equitable care that reaches everyone.
- Streamline, standardize and document talent operations across teammate lifecycle initiatives: from recruitment to onboarding to contract management to offboarding etc.
- Work with our teammates to identify the pain points in our people processes and generate teammate-centered improvements that remove bottlenecks
- Leverage technology to improve service delivery: explore HRIS, docusign, pinpoint and other integrations
- Oversee the management and administration of company benefits
- Partner with People Ops Manager and Finance to conduct benefits analysis and benchmarking to ensure equity and improve offerings
Culture & Engagement
- Coach and provide hands on assistance to People Ops admin to plan and implement annual engagement events aligned with org values and goals
- Review engagement data
- Partner with our people ops recruiter to ensure a seamless new hire and onboarding experience; own parts of the recruitment process
- Identify regional technical recruiters and/or pipeline partners
- Help shape employer brand
- Stay abreast of employment laws in our US, Kenya and Nepal entities
- Liaise with labor attorneys to conduct periodic audits
- Work with compliance officer to create, implement and update policies and/or procedures
- Have oversight of teammate data – conducting periodic audits to ensure data accuracy
- Help implement performance management initiatives – OKR setting, mid-year, end of year reviews; flag performance concerns
- Support people ops manager to facilitate proactive performance conversations
- Support the development and implementation of the competency map
Miscellaneous/We’re in it as a Team 10%
Support our team on the – whatever needs to get done – be it recruitment, onboarding, engagement etc. (We’re small and wear many hats!)
Skills Knowledge and Expertise
- Results oriented: You do what it takes to get the job done, well and on schedule.
- You foresee challenges, can independently propose solutions and mobilize the resources and people to get unstuck
- You are detail oriented and concerned with quality
- You self-manage
- Develops others: You know how to coach, develop and manage others to achieve results and thrive individually
- Creative: You look at processes, identify problems and do not default to how something has been done, but rather think about what the situation necessitates and can develop new ways of doing things that best meets the needs of both teammates and Medic
- Systems thinker: You think in terms of the whole operating structure and financial feasibility and can weigh return on investment and trade-offs
- Communication: clear communicator: Especially in a remote environment working across multiple time zones, you make communication a priority, responding to all internal messages in <24 hours, ensuring parties have clear understanding.
- Relationship Builder: You make building trust with our teammates at all levels of the organization a priority. Teammates feel comfortable and are able to confide in you.
- Tech literate: You are adept at using our tools and can leverage technology to improve how People Ops serves our teammates
- Mediator: You are proactive about addressing conflicts and are gifted at facilitating tough conversations towards successful resolution.
- Agile & Resilient: You are able to work in a fast-paced, ever changing environment, pivot quickly and adapt to change.
- Demonstrate humanity & solidarity: Medic has a unique culture of teammate’s genuinely showing up for one another in big and small ways. You genuinely care about others and work better as a team than as an individual unit.
- Intercultural competent: You appreciate difference, you express a desire to learn from other and can find solutions and spaces that are sensitive to diverse needs
- Growth Minded: You are humble, proactively give and receive feedback. You own your professional development