As the market leader in enterprise application software, SAP is at the center of today’s business and technology revolution. SAP helps you streamline your processes, giving you the ability to use live data to predict customer trends – live and in the moment. Across your entire business. When you run live, you run simple with SAP.
The Presales Specialist possesses advanced knowledge of SAP and partner software solutions and participates in sales cycles as a member of the virtual account team in support of the sales account strategy. A Presales Specialist interacts with prospective customers through discovery conversations, product solution demonstrations, executive presentations and follow-up discussions.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
- Compose and deliver superior sales presentations covering SAP and partner software solutions to prospective customer audiences. The presentations must articulate the sales message, differentiate SAP, and leave a strong and positive impression to audiences which can include senior company executives.
- Prepare and deliver value-based software demonstrations/presentations in support of sales cycles. Preparation includes personalization of materials to ensure delivery of a simple, appealing and compelling customer presentation.
- In advance of a demonstration or key presentation, conduct discovery sessions with representatives from the prospective customer in order to build relationships with the customer and understand their unique needs.
- Demonstrate deep knowledge of SAP solutions and appropriate industries in order to maintain credibility with prospective customers.
- Provide proof points with relevant customer stories.
- Support RFx completion in support of customer proposals.
- Ability to effectively present to customers “remotely” using virtual technologies (MS Teams and Zoom).
- Provide limited post-sale support to key customers primarily to the project/implementation team to ensure a smooth transition.
- Support one-to-many sales and marketing events both on-site and remotely.
- Support Design Thinking workshops to promote new and innovative solutions for customers and prospects.
- 2+ years of presales experience
- 2 to 5 years of solution specialist (or equivalent customer facing) experience in areas appropriate to the job
- Demonstrates 3-4 successful engagements leading small teams on small-mid-sized deals
- Extensive knowledge/expertise on end to end processes/solution matching
- Experience in sales and sales processes
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Experience with any SAP software including: SAP ERP, SAP S/4HANA, SAP HANA, SAP Business Planning and Consolidation, SAP Business Warehouse, SAP Business Objects, SAP Analytics Cloud and SAP Data Warehouse Cloud preferred.
Education And Qualification / Skills And Competencies
- English: proficient
- Business level local language: expert
- Bachelor equivalent: minimum requirement
- Master equivalent: optional