Safaricom is the leading provider of converged communication solutions in Kenya. In addition to providing a broad range of first-class products and services for Telephony, Broadband Internet and Financial services, Safaricom seeks to uplift the welfare of Kenyans through value-added services and support for community projects.
Reporting to the Sector Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for managing Strategic Accounts (TML-Target Market List) within the Public Sector and NGOs vertical; to drive and achieve revenue targets through solution selling and segment propositions.
SALES ACQUISITION AND REVENUE GROWTH
- Individual contributor in a sales role responsible for delivering set revenue targets.
- Identify growth prospects (New/Up-sell/Cross-Sell) within the TML;
- Drive the identification and adoption of relevant segment propositions;
- Device strategic plans for Relationship penetration and ensure implementation of tactical plans including opportunity pipeline management;
- Proactive Relationship performance management and tracking;
- Position new Solution offerings within Public Sector and NGOs TML; through retention, acquisition and penetration;
- Drive acceleration in new growth areas of ICT and IOT
- Provide thought leadership and Insights from customer engagements within the Public sector and NGOs Vertical.
RELATIONSHIP & BASELINE RETENTION
- Develop and execute customer ring fencing strategies in Public sector and NGOs Vertical;
- Stimulate existing prepositions within Public sector and NGOs Vertical;
- Develop strong relationships at CXO level in government and wider Buying Centers to understand mid-to-long term Public sector and NGOs objectives;
- Churn Management in Public sector and NGOs Vertical;
- Contract Management: Follow up on all existing contracts & renewal;
- Provide insight into the refinement of customer journey processes;
- Timely response to customer correspondence (not later than 24 Hrs.);
- Flag potential escalations in a timely manner.
NPS- Manage customer relationships to drive Net Promoter Score by:
- Maintaining strong and deep relationships with accounts under direct management;
- Follow through on all customer issues until closure;
- Maintaining communication with the customer throughout the entire customer journey.
SALES ACCOUNT DEVELOPMENT PLANNING
- Formulate and manage customer relationship through up-to-date Account Development Plans, opportunity road maps, pipeline management and the entire sales cycle plan;
- Leverage company assets (events & activities) to nature relationship with key stakeholders (CXO & Buying Centre).
- Manage reporting cycles (daily, weekly, and monthly).
- Strict adherence on use of CRM systems for progressing customer orders and reporting.
- Timely circulation of customer meeting minutes (Not later than 24 Hrs.)
- Degree in Commerce/ ICT or a business related;
- Work experience of 4-5 years managing enterprise customers in a B2G or B2B environment.
- Knowledge/ Work experience in ICT working in Public Sector, NGOs, Civil society will be an added advantage;
- Strong relationship building skills.
- Ability to deliver results and meet and surpass targets;
- New business development skills.
- Be commercially savvy with a deep understanding and demonstration of Solution Selling.