Jubilee Insurance was established in August 1937, as the first locally incorporated Insurance Company based in Mombasa in 1937. Jubilee Insurance has spread its sphere of influence throughout the region to become the largest Composite insurer in East Africa, handling Life, Pensions, general and Medical insurance.
Risk and Compliance Officer – JFSL003
The Risk and Compliance Officer will be accountable for compliance for Jubilee Financial Services and support services on all levels across board to all internal and external clients, as wells external regulations, acts and laws applicable to the financial services industry.
- Ensures applicable regulation is complied with by the business lines and support functions through day-to-day monitoring and regular review of compliance to legislation, regulations and internal policies and controls.
- Ensures compliance risks are identified, assessed, controlled and enforced through business and support specific policies & procedures.
- Ensures suspicious transactions are identified and reported immediately to the MLRO without tipping off.
- Review Company process/operational manuals and systems to ensure that are regularly updated to meet the set regulations, policies and all other requirements such as mandates, escalations, controls, etc. are in place and aligned.
- Identifying areas of compliance weakness and recommend remedial measures in consultation with the CEO’s, Heads of Departments, Group Risk and Compliance functions.
- Work with Internal Audit on their recommendation on compliance related issues for implementation.
- Preparing departmental compliance training material, train staff and third parties across all lines. Verify understanding through testing. Work with the Risk and Compliance team on projects to increase awareness of Risk and Compliance issues.
- Preparing and presenting Risk and Compliance reports to various stakeholders daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annually
- Coordinating the Anti–Money Laundering, Data Protection and other regulatory activities.
- Conducting continuous audits, reviews and enhancements of Risk and Compliance on processes/ systems/documents and manuals with reference to laid down policies, regulations, laws and best practices in the line of business
- Be aware of any regulatory/legal changes affecting clients and the effect of the same on the company.
- Collaborate with Data Protection Officer, internal, external auditors and HR as required.
- Report non-compliance and support the team in management of a crisis or compliance violation
- Address employee concerns or questions on legal compliance
- Implement Risk Framework components – enhance build or expand risk strategy identification, assessment, appetite and reporting infrastructure.
- Regularly report to the management, key persons and the board on the company’s risk and compliance profile as well as exposures with their attendant mitigants.
- Enable the balancing of business opportunities and risk effectively using systems and systems and controlled processes.
- Demonstrate Teamwork/spirit and continued personal development: – Back up team members as allocated and share skills/knowledge and experience
- Attend training, seminars, works as directed by Management
- Strong Analytical skills
- High level of Integrity and Professionalism
- Team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Regulatory/market Awareness
- Compliance Focus
- Ownership & Commitment
- Team Spirit
- Degree in finance, legal, risk or related field
- CPA(K), CISI, ICIFA, CFA qualification is an added advantage
- Computer software packages
- At least 3 years working experience in a compliance/ audits environment within the financial services industry.
Submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application
Use the title of the position as the subject of the email