About the Role:
This role is part of a rapidly expanding Product Management Team, a dynamic, successful and forward-thinking team that is dedicated to bespoke software development in the critical areas of risk and compliance. The Product team is integral to the continued expansion and growth of the MyComplianceOffice platform and the Product Owner is a very important member of the team. You will have exposure and experience creating both internal and external documentation for complex and technical customer facing solutions in an agile environment.
About the person:
You are an experienced Product Owner with strong product and technical analysis skills. You are ambitious, proactive with a deep interest in product management. You are willing to get into the technical details and be both technically skilled and business orientated. An independent thinker, who is driven and motivated, who stands for quality and commitment to building real expertise. You are personable and appreciate the importance of building a team.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Own the Backlog for a specific product or products.
- Champion the delivery of product functionality to support strategic roadmap.
- Responsible for analysis, gathering and documentation of functional and non-functional requirements from all areas of the business.
- Working with the Development team to document user stories that are deliverable within a 2-week sprint that have very clear and testable acceptance criteria that Developers/QA engineers can interpret and deliver.
- Working with the Design Team to help validate user stories that meet user expectations and deliver business outcomes.
- Support technical backlog grooming to enable task breakdown and estimation.
- To act as an interface between the business, design and development team in communicating & refining requirements.
- To own, drive & refine the detailed requirement gathering process.
- Participate in prototyping of new functionality.
- Will own & deliver all customer facing software release related documentation i.e. release notes, etc.
- 7 to 10 years’ experience.
- Very strong Communication skills.
- Experience in a product driven SAAS company.
- Get things done attitude and willingness to own a problem.
- Very detail oriented.
- Proven ability to work on own initiative in a fast paced customer facing software environment.
- Be proactive.
- Very strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong attention to the finer points of detail.
- Strong problem-solving abilities.
- Have the ability to produce wireframes and detailed process flows.
- Strong knowledge of relational database models and SQL.
- Possess knowledge and experience of agile development methodology.
- Prior knowledge and experience in any of the following Capital Markets, Market Abuse and Trade Surveillance, Sanction screening, Anti Money Laundering, Third Party Due Diligence, Data analytics tools.
- Knowledge of project management methodologies and techniques.
- Expertise in industry standard modelling tools and methods.
- Formal product documentation.
- College graduate preferably with a qualification in technology.
- Any formal BA training or certification would be advantageous.
- Fluent spoken and very good written English.