Baran Telecom Networks (BTN) is a leading Telecom and Software solutions company providing innovative digital solutions through integrated emerging technologies such as Digital Platforms, Big Data, IoT, AI, and SDx.
The Pre-Sales Engineer is a client-facing role that creates clear and actionable strategic roadmaps supporting business cases that both delineate a broader end-game, while also prioritizing quick wins with near-term measurable impact.
Roles and Responsibilities:
As a technical presales engineer, you will work with BTN partners that sell tech products to consumers or businesses. Your duties include maintaining engineering procedures, working with sales teams, and conducting presentations to promote a new product to customers at the beginning of the sales cycle. Sometimes, your responsibilities focus on introducing new or upgraded products to an existing customer. At other times, you work with prospective customers or contact sales leads to provide technical information. You typically help customers choose products that meet their technological needs and answer questions about compatibility, functionality, and implementation.
Besides, you will translate customer requirements into a compliant applications architecture and technical applications designs and/or reference architectures. You must have in-depth knowledge of applicable technologies, industry disciplines, regulatory and technical standards and application components and possess ability to comprehend the underlying processes and dependencies in support of the business objectives.
Our clients have the typical challenges of balancing the sustainability of legacy platforms and applications while embracing new technology which in time will replace legacy. They are committed to change as they adapt to a more demanding and client led sector and see an opportunity to add value through technology and process innovation. We require someone who understands complexities of business environment and is ready to build and support a competitive model.
- Recognized Industry/professional qualifications in particular technologies &/or Methodologies with minimum of 5 previous projects in the same role.
- Academic degree in Computer Science, Telecoms, Electrical/Electronics Engineering or a relevant field.
- Ability to validate business requirements as presented and work collaboratively to design the application and/or product solution in support of these requirements.
- Ability to lead the design and documentation of the application architecture of the solution.
- Document and present solutions to both Suppliers and Customers Senior level management.
- Participate in the definition and launch of application development projects and lead technical reviews and health checks at appropriate project milestones.
- Monitor market trends and the recommendations of standards bodies to ensure that the Supplier is positioned to define appropriate application architecture Comply with Supplier Corporate Methods and Processes.
- Adhere to Supplier Technology Policy where appropriate for the Client.
- Adhere to software engineering standards and best practice.
- Experience of working in front of Tier 1 Telecom Companies.
- Strong abilities to plan and analyse customer needs.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Deep knowledge of Carrier Ethernet, MPLS/IP, SDWAN, Switching, Routing and Ethernet OAM.