The new NCBA has harnessed the power of both NIC and CBA to create a bank that brings together the best of both worlds from cutting edge mobile banking to good old-fashioned relationship management; from scalable business banking to financial services that grow as your business does; from best-in-class choice of products to investment solutions tailored to your specific needs.
Job Purpose Statement
The role holder is required to support in management and maintenance of a portfolio of customers within assigned market segments by analysing the portfolio to establish any trends and advise the Relationship and Branch teams of any matters arising that may affect the portfolio. They shall offer full support to the team in all matters portfolio including but not limited to identifying growth gaps, non-performing loans, portfolio trends and compliance. The role holder will support assigned segment by providing all business reports that will assist the team achieve its objectives.
Key Accountabilities (Duties and Responsibilities)
- This position is responsible for achievement of the assigned portfolios annual financial targets.
- Achieve agreed revenues targets
- Identify potential small and medium SMEs in the Business Banking portfolio/Branch managed book (VSE) and seek the opportunity to cross sell or upsell.
- Support the growth and development of Very Small Enterprises (VSE) portfolio through various initiatives and strategies.
- Help resolve credit problems, delinquent payment issues and other related affairs.
- Review current account status, to include but not limited to past due accounts and notes matured. Make appropriate recommendations for these accounts.
- Initiate credit calls with existing potential customers while keeping a record of all customer calls.
- Foster effective working partnership with Business Banking Relationship Management team, retail staff, branch business and other partners with a view to grow the business.
- Prepare BB portfolio activity reports for management as needed.
- This position is responsible for driving customer satisfaction, identifying opportunities for business development and providing insightful feedback on the assigned portfolios that help in the customization and development of solutions.
- Demonstrate NCBA bank values
- Monitor and assess activities of our competitors to proactively satisfy and retain our clients.
- Provide feedback to management and stakeholders in respect to portfolio activities.
- Provide reports of VSEs referrals, non RM Managed asset finance referrals, NPL & PAR reports and proposed mitigations.
- Adherence to SLA.
- Adopting and developing a network of strong partnerships with the Business and Business Support teams and other functions of the Bank.
Internal business processes 20%
- This position is responsible for adhering to approved policies and procedures and providing feedback on the same to keep them competitive.
- The jobholder will embrace a digital way of working that result in efficient and impactful engagement and accurate delivery of service.
- Ensure all annual reviews of Overdraft and other Credit limits are undertaken promptly.
- Achieve the set PAR and NPL targets
- Satisfactory audit rating.
- Prepare portfolio activity reports (Accounts under watch, Early Alert, pipeline reports, restructure) for management and portfolio review meetings (MCC, BCC etc) as needed.
- Liaise with the Business Analytics Team and Credit Portfolio Team to ensure the right provision numbers are mapped to Business Banking portfolio.
- Ensure BB write backs are promptly and correctly mapped in the Balance sheet
Learning and growth 5%
- This position is responsible for delivering the performance objectives set and managing his/her own learning and development to build capacity and avail him/herself for coaching and training opportunities.
- Attain required learning hours and adhere to policy on annual leave
Ideal Job Specifications
- Professional: Credit skills, sales and Knowledge of Business Banking products and policies is an added advantage
Desired work experience:
- 5 years banking experience in a bank or lending setting and or training or equivalen combination of education and experience.
- Working knowledge with Microsoft office
- Credit skills and Knowledge of Business Banking products and policies is an added advantage
- Good working experience with all Bank systems i.e. T24, Credit Quest, CRM , Vision , IBPS