Reporting to the Head of Legal and Regulatory Affairs, the successful candidate will be responsible for managing litigation, contract preparation and providing legal advisory on compliance.
- Conducting legal research;
- Participating in vetting and drawing contracts, lease, loans agreement and other legal documents;
- Participating in liaison with external lawyers on legal matters for or against the KTDA / Group Companies;
- Gathering information and evidence on cases and compiling the cases as required;
- Participating in maintenance and filing all court proceedings as per established systems;
- Liaising with other departments on handling effectively company operations and legal matters;
- Preparing legal documents as required;
- Participating in handling insurance matters as and when required;
- Attending to Annual General Meeting as and when required;
- Participating in preparation of budget and ensuring effective control;
- Preparing legal reports and opinion on matters involving companies and presenting to management meetings;
- Drafting and reviewing legal documents and contracts;
- Negotiating advocates, auctioneers’ and investigators’ fees;
- Providing legal advice to KTDA /Group companies and KTDA Managed Factories
- Collecting evidence and witnesses in the event of a litigation.
The ideal candidate must possess the following qualifications and competencies: –
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law from a recognized institution;
- A Postgraduate Diploma in Legal Studies from the Kenya School of Law;
- An advocate of the High Court
- Member of Law Society of Kenya with a current practicing certificate
- A minimum of two (2) Years relevant experience;
- Must demonstrate high integrity and ethical practice
- Must demonstrate ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Must be a team player who is able to work cordially in teams
- Must demonstrate ability to multitask.
- Must demonstrate commitment to operational effectiveness
- Should have ability to solve problems by applying relevant business knowledge
- Should demonstrate professional expertise in the relevant work area
- Must have the ability to communicate for both written and oral communication
- Must be able to work under pressure
- Must be a flexible person, who is willing to learn and able to work flexible hours to achieve goals
- Must have knowledge in use of MS office packages