The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) is an international organization driven by the vision of a world without malnutrition. OUR METHODOLOGY / At GAIN, we believe that no one sector alone can solve the complex problem of malnutrition. We work closely with partners including governments, civil society, businesses, UN agencies, and academic institutions to develop programs that deliver large-scale and locally relevant solutions to malnutrition in more than 30 countries. In recent years we have expanded our approach to reach those on the margins of society, who are often the most excluded, vulnerable and severely malnourished, such as the Dalit community in India who experience oppression because of their caste; adolescent girls; and families affected by emergencies. ABOUT GAIN / Each day, 795 million people – one in nine – go hungry.
About the role
The overall purpose of this position is to support the implementation and monitoring of the Nutrition Impact at Scale (NIS) Program. NIS works work with Enterprise/SME Support Organizations to provide tools and resources to scale nutrition impact. The program is implemented in six African countries.
NIS is a program within GAIN’s Nutrition Enterprise Unit. The unit is GAIN’s centre of expertise on Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) in nutritious food value chains.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Support the selection of program partners
- Support the use and continuous improvement of the program Standard Operating Process
- Collect and compile indicator information and progress reports, including project dashboards, for the project.
- Implement financial policies and procedures and ensure payments have been processed timely and accordingly.
- Deliver monthly financial updates to wider team at internal teams meeting and financial reports according to needs of the unit.
- Take responsibility for drafting contracts and processing them as necessary and liaise with the legal team in so doing
- Secure timely signatures on program contracts and ensure processes are duly followed.
- Experience in agriculture or business, with agribusiness experience preferred
- Experience conducting needs assessments/gap analysis and facilitating technical assistance for SMEs highly desirable.
- Strong inter-personal skills and the ability to work with agribusiness managers from a variety of backgrounds
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- High level of professionalism and integrity
- Computer literacy with good Excel, MS Word, Outlook, and Power Point skills.
- Knowledge and experience of Indicators Monitoring databases a plus