The Commission is responsible for conducting or supervising referenda and elections to any elective body or office established by the Constitution, and any other elections as prescribed by an Act of Parliament and, in particular, for; The continuous registration of voters and revision of the voter’s roll; The delimitation of constituencies and wards; The regulation of political parties process; The settlement of electoral disputes; The registration of candidates for elections; Voter education; The facilitation of the observation, monitoring and evaluation of elections; The regulation of money spent by a candidate or party in respect of any election; The development of a code of conduct for candidates and parties; The monitoring of compliance with legislation on nomination of candidates by parties. The Commission shall exercise its powers and perform its functions in accordance with this Constitution and national legislation. Our Vision “A credible electoral management body committed to strengthening democracy in Kenya.” Our Mission “To conduct free and fair elections and to institutionalize a sustainable electoral process.”
- Be a Kenyan citizen, and non-partisan;
- Hold a Diploma qualifications in ICT or other IT or related field;
- ICT Certification (MCSE, CCNA or Equivalent) will be an added advantage;
- At least 2 years industrial experience in ICT support in a busy environment;
- Hands on experience and skills in Computer Hardware, Network and
- Software diagnosis;
- Have effective communication skills and good report writing skills;
- Must be available for the entire period of the General Election;
- Must be of high integrity and abide with the Commission’s Code of
- Conduct; and
- Residents in the Constituency/Ward in which they apply for.
- ICT Clerk will be paid Kshs. 1,500/= per day.