Metropolitan Life Kenya has been operating since 2007, offering primarily life insurance solutions to retail and corporate clients. In 2013, the company held a solid position in the market place and managed to increase market share. Established in 1964, Cannon Assurance has a wide footprint in Kenya, offering a comprehensive suite of insurance products and asset management solutions. Following the acquisition of a majority stake in Cannon Assurance by MMI Holdings, Metropolitan Life Kenya successfully merged with Cannon at the beginning of 2015. Following the merger, Metropolitan Life Kenya and Cannon Assurance consolidated their life insurance licenses into one, and retained a stand-alone short-term insurance license. Metropolitan Cannon is part of MMI Group Limited, an authorized financial services provider.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer – The Head of Retail Life Sales will develop and execute the retail life strategy to increase client base and drive key business outcomes, including targeted levels of sales and profitability.
PRIMARY Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and implement approaches to identify and develop new business opportunities in existing and under penetrated markets.
- Contribute to the development and packaging of retail financial services solutions.
- Develop and drive the implementation of the retail life sales strategy to maximize revenue.
- Develop and implement plans to increase and optimize the utilization of company life products and offer financial advice to clients.
- Set revenue targets for the relevant products and set related key performance indicators for the team to achieve business targets.
- Implement and operationalize strategic and tactical plans to enable service delivery and achieve business objectives.
- Develop and oversee the implementation of quality assurance assessments, reporting processes and policies in line with business, compliance, and client requirements.
- Build and maintain relationships with clients and all stakeholders.
- Deliver on service level agreements made with clients and internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop client retention strategies and frameworks.
- Establish a highly productive sales team and ensure that the team is well equipped to deliver on sales targets.
- Effectively manage performance within the team to ensure achievement of business objectives.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or insurance field.
- Full ACII/ IIK or LOMA qualification.
- Over 8 years’ experience in sales and distribution, 3 of which should be at management level in a busy high performing Life business insurance operation.
Required skills and Competencies
- Good communication and customer service skills.
- Strategic planning, budgeting and management experience.
- In-depth knowledge of Life Assurance products.
- Planning and organizing skills.
Submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application
Use the title of the position as the subject of the email