World Vision is an international Christian relief, development and advocacy organisation working in almost 100 countries world-wide to create lasting change in the lives of children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice.
- The Grants Finance Manager will manage all financial aspects of the SomReP consortium, through preparation and negotiation of proposal and annual budgets, financial reporting for management, donors and partners.
- The position holder will be responsible for Implementation and maintenance of Accounting and financial internal control systems in line with World Vision Field Finance Manual in order to ensure appropriate level of security for the SomReP funds and resources. S/he will facilitate external audit and review of all the partners under SomReP.
- The position holder will provide frequent financial analysis across a portfolio of grants to support efficient resource allocation and effective and timely implementation of projects. S/he will support operations in the development of agreements, systems and processes with members which support implementation in-line with donor and World Vision requirements.
- This position holder is expected to oversee the financial aspects of the partners in the SomReP program through conducting financial management and risk assessment of sub-recipients, capacity building, budget negotiation and preparation as well as review and monitoring of their financial performance. S/he will ensure all partners in the program adhere to the standards of multiple donor grants under SomReP (total program goal is $112 million over 3 years).
- This position holder will ensure overall office risk associated with non-compliance to numerous donor regulation and World Vision policies and procedures is maintained at minimum level and give quality assurance of effective grants management. With cross-border operation and risk associated with partnering/sub granting, s/he will help mitigate any risks that the office is exposed to through this unique business model.
- Proposal Development and Donor/Stakeholders Management
- Sub-recipient Management
- Financial Reporting and Accountability
- Risk Management
- People Management and Development
- Record Keeping and Management
- Holder of a bachelors degree in business related field (Accounting, Finance) or another relevant field.
- Accounting professional qualification- Chartered/Certified Accountant (CPA, ACCA) or other comparable/equivalent qualification.
- At least 5 years of experience in Grants Management of which at least 2 years must be in a supervisory role.
- Donor/Grant Accounting experience within Consortiums and/or complex grants is preferred.
- Fragile context experience is an added advantage.
- Proficiency in Computer applications (Excel, Sun systems, Word)