Jaramogi Oginga Odinga University of Science and Technology (JOOUST) is situated Bondo Town within Siaya County on Bondo Usenge Road. JOOUST is the successor of Bondo University College (BUC) which was established by the Government of Kenya as a Constituent College of Maseno University through a Legal Order No. 56 of 11th May 2009. The University is a premier institution of higher learning offering relevant and quality market driven academic programmes for steering Socio-economic development. The University is strategically located at the quiet serene beaches of Lake Victoria and focuses on the development of Kenya’s cultural heritage through the utilization of the vast natural resources for academic advancement and research purposes premised on improving the socio-economic status of communities. The location of the University is not only friendly for pursuit of academic excellence and scholarship but also suitable for the high profile research undertaking as well as community outreach. JOOUST is a centre of excellence in training, research and community outreach services offering practical and market oriented courses. As part of our culture, we are committed to timely delivery of quality services commensurate with our client’s expectations. We take cognizance of the limitations due to resources constraints in accessing university education. In all your dealings and undertakings with us, it is envisaged that you treat us with courtesy and respect as our esteemed and treasured client We are committed to the principle of zero tolerance to corruption and in order to achieve this, we shall provide comprehensive information on our services and details of associated costs, conversely we appeal to you not offer gifts, money or other favours to our staff in exchange of a service. Finally, feel free and welcome to give feedback and advice on how you feel we could be add value to your academic advancement and socio-economic well being.
GRADE 14 REF: JOOUST/ADM/DR/5/22
Job Responsibilities and Roles
The Deputy Registrar (Administration) shall report to the Registrar (Planning and Administration) and shall be responsible for the following:
- Develops and guides the implementation of policies, procedures and guidelines necessary to enable the employees achieve University’s strategic goals
- Participate preparation of procurement plans to ensure the required equipment and materials are made available to facilitate operations within the university
- Assist in drafting department’s budget for consideration and assist in administering the division’s approved budget
- Directs the preparation of periodic reports for management as necessary or as requested to achieve strategic goals
- Develops programmes to communicate HR policies, procedures and laws to all University employees.
- Conduct investigations on employee grievances Coordinate staff performance appraisals in the administration division Provide secretariat to university committees to ensure efficient and effective operations of the committees
- Provide couching and mentorship to the administrative staff for conformity, growth and enhancement of productivity within the department
- Prepare reports on the Training Needs Assessments, employee orientation/onboarding, management development, productivity levels, Return on investment and transfer of knowledge.
- Provide guidelines on implementation of the established wage/salary, pay policies of the University as per the University guidelines and SRC guidelines.
- Monitoring of organizations culture to ensure it supports the achievement of goals and promotes employee job satisfaction.
- Participates in employee general welfare matters including negotiations and disciplinary matters
- Assumes other responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s Degree in Public Administration or Human Resource Management or relevant filed.
- CPS (K) or relevant professional qualifications.
- At least twelve (12) years administrative experience with a minimum of three (3) years at the level of Senior Assistant Registrar Grade 13 or equivalent.
- Competences required; Human Resource Management, Planning, Administration and Central Services.
- Knowledge of Management Information Systems
- Membership to a relevant professional body in good standing.
Submit your CV with three referees, details of current remuneration, certified copies of academic and professional certificates, and testimonials as well as names and contacts ( including postal and email addresses, and daytime telephone numbers) and Application
Use the title of the position as the subject of the email