The Commission is responsible for conducting or supervising referenda and elections to any elective body or office established by the Constitution, and any other elections as prescribed by an Act of Parliament and, in particular, for; The continuous registration of voters and revision of the voter’s roll; The delimitation of constituencies and wards; The regulation of political parties process; The settlement of electoral disputes; The registration of candidates for elections; Voter education; The facilitation of the observation, monitoring and evaluation of elections; The regulation of money spent by a candidate or party in respect of any election; The development of a code of conduct for candidates and parties; The monitoring of compliance with legislation on nomination of candidates by parties. The Commission shall exercise its powers and perform its functions in accordance with this Constitution and national legislation. Our Vision “A credible electoral management body committed to strengthening democracy in Kenya.” Our Mission “To conduct free and fair elections and to institutionalize a sustainable electoral process.”
- Be a Kenyan citizen, and non-partisan;
- Minimum Degree in Social Sciences/Education/Project Management;
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in voter/civic education community
- mobilization and social work within the Constituency/County applied for;
- Residents in the Constituency/Ward in which they apply for;
- Must be able to speak the main language of communication used by residents of the Constituency;
- Must be non-partisan with exceptional understanding and knowledge
- of social-cultural, economic and political dynamics of the Constituency/Ward;
- Proof of having successfully conducted voter/civic education activities or
- informal training with existing networks within the Constituency/County;
- Proven report writing skills; and
- Must be of high integrity and abide with the Commission’s Code of Conduct.
- Constituency-based Voter Educators will be paid Kshs. 1,500/= per day
- plus transport allowance depending on the geographical area.