Kenya Institute of Supplies Management is a national body for professionals in the practice of procurement and supplies management in Kenya. The Institute draws its mandate from the Supplies Practitioners Management Act No.17 of 2007. This Act provides the legal framework within which the Institute is established and operates as a corporate body promoting learning, development of best practices, and application of the same to the practice of procurement and supply chain management.
The Business Development Manager is responsible for innovatively running, growing, and transforming the business of the organization through asset creation, customer service integration as a sustainable enterprise ran on a well-managed efficiency. The role is concerned with improving and growing the Institute business, by establishing and developing relationships with members, stakeholders and other partners.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide leadership in the development and execution of the Institute’s strategy on Business Development.
- Plan and oversee new marketing initiatives.
- Research organizations and individuals to find new opportunities.
- Increase the value of current customers while attracting new ones.
- Find and develop new markets and improving sales.
- Develop quotes and proposals for clients.
- Develop goals for the development team and business growth and ensuring they are met.
- Train personnel and help team members develop their skills
- Identify, develop and actualize fundable concepts with capacity to improve the organization’s
- capital base [human, asset, service delivery].
- Perform any other functions connected therewith or incidental thereto.
QUALIFICATION AND KNOWLEDGE
- Master’s Degree in a relevant field
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or related field.
- Professional certification in business, marketing or related field
- Member of a professional body in good standing
- Proficiency in Ms Office
- A minimum of eight (8) years’ relevant working experience, four (4) years of which should be at management level, in a reputable organization
- Five (5) years experience in a leadership role
- Experience in sales, marketing or related field.
- Leadership, planning and organising, skills
- Lives the institute values
- Action Oriented: Enjoys working hard. Demonstrates energy & drive for things seen as
- challenging. Is not fearful of taking action & seizes more opportunities than others
- Relationship Building/Teamwork: Establishes rapport easily. Develops long term relationships
- based on mutual trust & confidence. Builds & maintains effective working relationships with peers,
- team members & others. Works in a collaborative way with others.
- Initiative: Proactively asserts influence over events to achieve goals. Demonstrates a readiness to
- generate ideas & solutions. Is self-starting & takes action to achieve goals beyond what is required.
- Operating Environment Awareness: Understands how the business works. Is knowledgeable
- about current policies, practices, trends & information affecting the organisation. Is aware of competitor activities & approach
- Strong communication skills and IT fluency.
- Ability to manage complex projects and multi-task.
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty.
- In addition to the professional qualifications, successful candidates will be required to meet
- the expectations of Chapter 6 on Leadership and Integrity and possess;
- Valid certificate of Good conduct
- Clearance certificate from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Certificate of compliance from the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- A valid Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) Tax Compliance clearance
- A valid certificate of clearance from the Credit Reference Bureau
- A relevant identification document
- Valid Membership Certificate from relevant Professional body
- Click Here to Fill Online Application Form
Submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application
Use the title of the position as the subject of the email