On any day, 2 billion people use Unilever products to look good, feel good and get more out of life – giving us a unique opportunity to build a brighter future. Great products from our range of more than 400 brands give us a unique place in the lives of people all over the world. When consumers reach for nutritionally balanced foods or indulgent ice creams, affordable soaps that combat disease, luxurious shampoos or everyday household care products, there’s a good chance the brand they pick is one of ours. Seven out of every ten households around the world contain at least one Unilever product, and our range of world-leading, household-name brands includes Lipton, Knorr, Dove, Axe, Hellmann’s and Omo. Trusted local brands designed to meet the specific needs of consumers in their home market include Blue Band, Pureit and Suave. Whatever the brand, wherever it is bought, we’re working to ensure that it plays a part in helping fulfil our purpose as a business – making sustainable living commonplace.
Business Context and Main Challenges of the Job :
- Supports the Marketing Manager in the development of the national Brand Marketing Plan (BMP), within the category plan guidelines, to meet company goals.
- Works with the multifunctional team to implement the plan in the market place and monitors performance of the support plans.
- Participates in selected various cross-functional teams – CMI, CCP, Regional Brand Teams and externally with local support agencies such as PR, sponsorship, activation and channel.
- Assist in the brand’s day to day operational activities including monitoring of brand performance on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Builds productive working relationship with Customer Development, CMI, regional category team Finance and Supply Chain to manage the brand’s day to day operations.
Key Success Measures:
- National market shares, brand turnover and PBI.
- Achievement of all key “Jobs to be Done” as specified in BMPs and SIA.
Main Accountabilities :
BRANDVISION PLAN (BVP)
- Supports the Marketing manager in translation of the BVP into the BMP.
BRAND MARKETING PLAN
Supports the Brand Marketing Plan development and deployment by:
- Assisting in the execution of the integrated activity schedule ensuring consistency with BrandKey Vision and BrandVision Plan including communication strategy
- Accountable for the analysis of brand performance and brand health by constantly evaluating performance of national support activities and in-store implementation against measurable objectives (Score Card and Brand Quarterly Tracker). This includes the monitoring of progress against key trial and awareness measures, quality of in-store support, distribution and availability per channel ie. place, pricing and promotions in-store and initiating measuring the effectiveness and ROI of key activities.
- Identifies solutions and make recommendations to improve effectiveness based on performance monitoring.
- Delivers specific brand projects eg. co-branding with a major retailer.
INNOVATION & RENOVATION
- Assist the brand building manager in launch management; building launch plans and channel strategies (promotions, media and POS), Customer sell-in and legal & regulatory issues.
KEY RELATIONSHIPS & TEAMS
- Category Manager
- Assistant Brand Building Team
- Customer Development
- Multi-functional BMP “deployment team” e.g. CD, CMI, Finance
- External agencies e.g. sponsorship, PR
- Responsible for implementing SHEQ and Security policies and management systems relevant to the role.
Critical Success Factors of the Job
- Passion for Growth
- Team Commitment
- Seizing the future
- Develops brand plans that build equity and drives business growth.
- Creates/deploys integrated communications.
- Monitoring progress and takes action
- Core aspects underpinning all skills: Creativity, Empathy, Obsession with brands & consumers, Sense of Aesthetics, Analytical Thinking & Rigour
- Bachelor degree, Post graduate business degree preferred (MBA)
- Preferred one year experience in marketing
- Project Management
- Customer Marketing interface