We are a science-led global healthcare company that researches and develops a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of pharmaceuticals, vaccines and consumer healthcare. As one of the few healthcare companies researching both medicines and vaccines for the World Health Organization’s three priority diseases – HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria, we are very proud to have developed some of the leading global medicines in these fields. Our product portfolio also includes a range of consumer brands, many of which are household names around the world, including Sensodyne, Aquafresh, Horlicks, Panadol and Tums. Specialties Pharmaceutical products, Vaccines, Consumer healthcare products
As an Area Sales Manager – South Rift, you will be responsible for the creation and execution of sales strategies in the region. You will also execute the sales and marketing plans which meets brand, volume and profits objectives as well as directing and controlling assigned distribution and trade activities through partnership and Sales Force Management.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Developing strategy, tactics, and sales plans budgets in liaison with the Channel head.
- Monitor analyze sales and market trends to manage performance levels of sales against market developments and corporate objectives.
- Coordinates sales operations with all other relevant stake holders.
- Establishes performance goals for the partner sales team, distributors, and monitor performance on a continual basis.
- Lead and influence a successful and experienced team of third-party sales team, through performance coaching and training and development programs
- Prioritize resources on power brands
- Collaborate closely with the Marketing teams on increasing market share in existing markets and ensuring that brand visibility and promotion strategies are executed flawlessly
- Forecasting of primary and secondary sales to reflect market and trade dynamics.
- Work with the demand planning team to drive forecast accuracy and achieve stock level targets in the trade.
- Identifying opportunities and developing strategies to harness growth in the target markets.
- Collaborate closely with the Distributor teams on new products launches.
- Role model individual expectations in Country by driving the Winning Formula,
- Build relationships with external stakeholders (key customers, regulatory agencies, KOLs, industry bodies) to support performance goals and GSK brand reputation.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Higher Qualification
- 5+ years of relevant experience in Commercial Sales
- 3+ years’ experience in commercial management including major customer facing roles (selling and marketing)
- Experience of operating in FMCG
- OTC/Healthcare/Personal Care category experience beneficial but not essential