Syngenta is a leading science-based agtech company. We help millions of farmers around the world to grow safe and nutritious food, while taking care of the planet.
The Accounts Assistant is a role within the BA finance function based in Kenya reporting to the Lead Accountant. The purpose of the role includes:
- Support the Lead Accountant in ensuring the Vendor accounts records are accurate for purposes of supporting payable activities.
- Manage cash outflows of the business through interaction with a third party and related party accountants.
- Participate in the month-end procedures within the area of influence and any other allocated tasks
- Support the function in the annual audit process and any other scheduled or Adhoc reviews.
- Manage the day-to-day transactions within accounts payables such as posting of vendor Invoices, allocations, and ledger posting with high accuracy of final accounts.
- Verifying supporting documentation and Reconciliation of 3rd party and related party accounts.
- Support in the month-end process by ensuring activities around payables and cash are accurate and any other allocated areas on an Adhoc basis.
- Perform bank reconciliations on all accounts by ensuring all transactions have been appropriately posted and any reconciling items have been appropriately resolved.
- Manage the internal controls framework within the finance operations to ensure compliance with the local and regional policies of the business.
- Facilitate tax compliance at a transactional level within the payable cycle.
- Ensure proper filing of all the records pertaining to the accounts payable with the business electronic systems and archiving for ease of accessibility to the relevant parties.
- Support the business function in any other activities that may be assigned
Critical success factors
- Payable Management and analytical skills
- Collaborative and team-oriented mindset
- Project planning and management
- Strong communication and relationships with local finance team members and other stakeholders.
Knowledge, experience & capabilities
- A strong academic report with an undergraduate degree in commerce, accounting, or finance or its equivalent and a relevant professional qualification i.e. CPA, ACCA, CIMA,
- Excellent knowledge of SAP and Ms. Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Excellent knowledge of relevant local/ regional tax legislations.
- Excellent understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRSs) and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Good understanding of business end to end processes and internal controls
- 1+ years of professional experience in financial operations and payable management
- Ability to manage self, work independently, make informed decisions, and determine priorities
- Time management skills with high proactive behavior to take initiatives
- Good interaction with functional leadership and external customers