Adept Systems is a Kenyan company established in 1994, providing a full range of management consultancy services in the areas of human resources
The Finance Director will be based in our Kibera office and will be in charge of oversight and leadership of all financial operations and financial reporting of both Kenya and USA operations. In particular, the Director has oversight of internal control systems and procedures, risk management, organizational and project budgeting. The Director will be responsible for training and mentoring staff on financial policies and procedures, donor regulations, financial systems, and works closely with program staff to ensure compliance with all donor regulations and effective and proactive financial management.
Key Duties/ Responsibilities:
- Directly oversee all financial and accounting activities.
- Develop, implement, and maintain sound financial management policies, systems, structures, and procedures for Kenya and New York Office and ensuring alignment with donor rules and regulations.
- Responsible for processing statutory and tax returns for both Kenya and USA and ensuring that compliance with laws and regulations for the company’s entities.
- Provide financial management and analysis for all aspects of the company’s operations and programs, ensuring all costs incurred are accounted for and in compliance with local laws, donor regulations and company policies and procedures.
- Develop financial models to support preparation of budget scenarios and alternatives for programs and operations.
- Provide financial control, develop financial reports, and make recommendations to programs and CFO on budget expenditures.
- Ensure financial operations and reporting is in accordance with donor contractual requirements.
- Manage cash flow forecasts and monitor liquidity, including decisions on foreign currency transactions.
- Responsible for statutory, project specific and internal audits and serves as focal point for internal, government and/or donor audits.
- Follow up and implement on a timely basis internal, government and/or donor audit recommendations.
- Serve in the procurement and tender committees
- Maintain updated information regarding grants and contracts, reporting requirements and financial restrictions.
- Assist in program development and proposal preparation as needed by preparing and reviewing budget and budget notes for programs as required.
- Ensure accurate and timely processing of payroll, associated taxation and compliant timekeeping and associated allocations for all staff.
- Responsible for preparation and circulation of management reports, budgetary control reports, grants reports and board decks.
- Lead and oversee finance staff and other consultants assigned to areas of responsibility.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience:
- University degree or advanced degree in accounting, finance or related area and fully qualified accounting qualification (e.g. CPA, ACCA etc)
- Minimum of 10 years or equivalent experience managing finance, with at least 5 of those 10 years managing finance for donor funded programs.
- US GAAP and IFRS experience is required
- Advanced knowledge of non-profit accounting practices, donor rules and regulations.
- Experience with ERP (the company uses SAP therefore SAP experience is highly desirable)
- Strong budgeting, financial reporting, and organizational experience and skills.
- Strong focus on proactive problem-solving.
- Excellent command of Microsoft Excel; good knowledge of standard office programs
- Experience directly managing and developing the skills of direct reports and other staff.